CKA Committee Minutes

Sunday 21st September 2008, 8 pm, Penny Ferry

 

ATTENDEES:

 

PRESENT

ABSENT

APOLOGY

Chairman (Howard Laffling)

 

 

Secretary (Vacant)

 

 

 

Treasurer (Corinne Bowes)

 

 

Fixtures (Adam Twiss)

 

 

Results (Nick Armitage)

 

 

Senior Development (Sara Neaves)

 

 

Junior Development (Vacant)

 

 

 

Refereeing (Andy Rutter)

 

 

Coaching (Lee Matthews)

 

 

Publicity (Tracey Cooper)

 

 

CPO (Janine Collier)

 

 

 

OTHERS:

City Rep [ ]

Phoenix Rep [Rhian Reynolds, Gary Cole ]

Lions Rep [Andrew Sills]

Tigers Rep [ ]

University Rep [ ]

Vikings Rep [ ]

 

 

ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS:

Andy to email referees about safety responsibilities.

Andy to arrange a refereeing practical course.

Reda volunteered to contact Heather to find out her plans and needs to see how the CKA could best help - done.

Lee to then contact the EKA to get assistance for the school - done, no help available.

Sara to try to book UEA (24/hr/court last year) for 28th Sept or another date done.

Sara to set senior development committee and set a date for an initial open meeting.

All clubs to try and find a volunteer junior development officer.

Lee, Phoenix and Lions to arrange practical assessments for the recent Level 1 course. Phoenix done, Lions still to do.

 

Jayne to draft proposal for non-attendance at committee meetings.

 

Andy

 

Andy

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sara

 

All clubs

 

Lee

 

Jayne

 

CHAIRMAN:

 

Thomas Northfield was approved to play in the CKA League by email.

Adam Twiss, Lucy Purser and Etienne Van-Niekerk are transferring from City (NL) to Phoenix.

Jayne has resigned as secretary. All clubs to fins a volunteer to be secretary.

 

 

 

All clubs

 

SECRETARY:

 

 

 

 

TREASURER:

 

Accounts attached. Nothing to report.

 

 

FIXTURES:

 

 

 

 

RESULTS:

 

Nothing to report

 

 

SENIOR DEVELOPMENT:

 

Nothing to report. See below for EA Cup.

 

 

JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT (Vacant):

 

 

 

 

REFEREEING:

 

Uni have had 3 players pass their theory exam at the back end of last academic year, none had time to undergo practical assessment at that time.
On their return my priority will be to get at least one of these practically assessed. Currently Uni have George Marshall qualified to ref though I'm not sure how willing. Adam is aware

Whilst I was on holiday Lions have contacted Graham Crafter re a reffing course, he has given them 21 sept and 11th Oct as provisional dates, I would hope there would be space for other clubs to piggy-back onto this.

 

 

COACHING:

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

PUBLICITY:

 

 

 

 

CPO:

 

I have now audited Tigers, City and Vikings, just Lions left to do. The BKA has been de-registered for doing CRB checks due to not processing enough (100) applications in year. In the interim, have a number of forms I can distribute until the re-registration is sorted out.

21 people attended the Safeguarding and Protecting Children Workshop.

Thanks to Janine for organising this.

 

 

1. TROPHIES

The CKA will buy 3 16 shields, one for each Division, with small shield plates and simple engraving e.g. 'CKL Division 1 Champions'. The cost is about 70 per shield, total about 210. Small shield plates will be engraved with a summary of previous winners e.g. 'Tigers 2001-2007' and 2008/9 winners and presented at the end of the 2008/9 season.

 

2. EA SHIELD (A.K.A CUP)

No Norwich teams could make the Sunday 28th September date.

Only Cambridge City and Dragons can make the Saturday 8th October date. Lions, Vikings, Knights and Ice couldn't make this date.

It was decidec that a date for the EA Shield couldn't be found this season. A date of Saturday 19th September was set for next season. Sara to email the NKA.

 

 

 

 

Sara

3. DEVELOPMENT PLAN PROGRESS

Open senior development committee initial meeting still to be set up.

Sara

4. REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE WITH EQUIPMENT FOR SCHOOL IN BURY.

It was suggested that perhaps Phil Buttinger or the NKA may be able to help. Lee to contact Phil. Howard to ask if teacher if she has approached the NKA for help.

City may have some old posts available, but these may already be promised to City members. Tracey, who knows the details, is away on holiday. City/Tracey to let CKA know if any posts are available.

Concern was raised that if we purchase equipment and loan it to the school that it may not get it back, particularly with balls, there may be wear and tear, or the teacher may move on to another school. Howard to find out the head of department contact from the teacher and outline the terms of any equipment loan.

It was agreed to purchase 2 posts and 4 balls at a cost of abut 600, if no other equipment is available.

Lee
Howard

 

City/Tracey

5. NEXT MEETING

Date to next meeting to be in early November. Date to determined after looking at fixtures. Possible days : Monday at 8 pm (clashes with Vikings training), Tuesday or Thursday at 7 pm (too early for Nick), Wednesday (clashes with Tigers training), Fridays if there are no Lions matches, Sundays if there are no matches.

Venue will be The Rock on Cherry Hinton Road.

 

AOB:

Thanks to Laura for organising the refereeing theory course.

Thanks to Lee for organising the level 1 coaching course.

Cambridge City won Cambridge City Sports Awards 'Sports Club of the Year 2008'. Janine won 'Coach of the Year 2008'.