CKA Committee Meeting Minutes

Thursday 29h January 2015, 7.30pm, Golden Hind


ATTENDEES:


PRESENT

ABSENT

APOLOGY

Chairman (Howard Laffling)



Secretary (Sara Neaves)



Treasurer (Vacant)




Fixtures (Laura Neaves)



Results (Mark Wassell)



Senior Development (Vacant)




Junior Development (Liv Harcourt)



Refereeing (Andy Rutter)



Coaching (Vacant)




Publicity (Vacant)




CPO (Angela Gibbs )




OTHERS:

City Rep(s) [Gavin Belsham, Stuart Hatfield]

Lions Rep(s) []

Phoenix Rep(s) [Ellen Pearce]

Tigers Rep(s) [Steve Clarke]

University Rep(s) [Katy Blake]

Vikings Rep(s) []


ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS:

Laura needs to be DBS checked to be able to do DBS identity checks.
City and Liv to confirm final payments for the juniors hall hire so that we can settle payment to City for last season.
Clubs to ask members about interest in level 1, 'level 1.5' and level 2 courses – insufficient numbers for a local course. Clubs can register interest for level 1 course with EKA and for level 2 when it's available.

Uni to send their contacts again to Sara - done.

Clubs to find volunteers or suggestions for who could be approached to be treasurer.

Tigers to rearrange Tigers 2 v Tigers 1 match postponed from the start of the season – done.

Mark to create a CKA Twitter account - see below.

Laura

City, Liv











Clubs


REPORTS

ACTIONS?

CHAIRMAN:

Junior player Alana Godden (City) was approved to play in the CKL.


SECRETARY:

I have been sent updates for the contact list. I will send out a new version a.s.a.p.

Sara

TREASURER (Vacant):

(Corinne Bowes) Accounts attached, Need to still issue the CKA fees.


FIXTURES:



RESULTS:

I emailed the referees' rating of teams report for status period 1 to the committee.

We have had a number of occasions where scorecards have been late or lost. Please can referees submit scorecards as soon as possible and certainly within 5 days of the match occurring. This is particularly important for first and second team matches since status calculations are done on these matches and there is a lot of interest in the top of the table matches.

(Steve) Tigers are photographing scorecards at the end of matches to help in adding results to Fixtures Live.


SENIOR DEVELOPMENT (Vacant):

(Howard) There was Insufficient interest from players to enter a team into the Senior Inter-Area competition.


JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT:



REFEREEING:



COACHING (Vacant):



PUBLICITY (Vacant):



CPO:

Nothing to report.



1. NATIONAL LEAGUE (PREMIER AND PROMO DIVISIONS) AREA ENDORSEMENTS FOR SEASON 2015/16

City, Tigers and Vikings have asked for the CKA's endorsement.

All clubs have confirmed they've met the Fixtures Live requirements.

I'm still waiting for input from Tigers on the venue standard question, applicable to the National League Premier Division. Steve will send this.

The deadline for reply is 29th January i.e TODAY !







Steve


2. CKA TWITTER ACCOUNT

(Mark) I haven't done anything with the Twitter account as there are a number of things I wanted agreement on:

Username: This is the @myusername part. I suggest camkorf

Full Name: Cambridgeshire Korfball Association – agreed.

Logo: The CKA logo appearing on the web site.

http://www.cambskorfball.co.uk/images/ckalogo.gif


Agreed. Logo could do with updating – vector format, colour, yellow and blue new syle ball, yellow korf. Keep basic design and lettering.







Mark

MaNEXT MEETING

Early March.


AOB

(Ellen) When will the play-offs be ?

Play-offs must be played within a month of the end of the season, so normally sometime in May. They're usually on a Sunday. The play-offs date(s) are set with the agreement of teams involved. At present we don't yet know which teams they will be. We also don't know which venues will be neutral and so we can't know what hall dates are available.